Effective Date: September 19, 2021
The Unfinished Social App (the “Us App”) limits its data collection, use and disclosure to provide you with a great user experience. In contrast to many social media applications, which collect as much data about their users as they can (including geographic location, network location, unique software configurations, web cookies, physical device address, and other information that, in combination, can easily be used to characterize or even identify a person), the Us App strives to give you greater control over your information and let you decide when and with whom to share information about yourself.
This Policy applies only to your information stored in the Us App itself, not about posts and comments you publish to the decentralized social network (i.e., to the blockchain). Information that is posted on the network is beyond the control of the Us App and is not subject to this Policy. The Us App and other decentralized social media applications may offer technical features for protecting privacy on the network, such as by allowing you to designate certain posts to be encrypted so that only intended recipients can read them. You are responsible for your usage or non-usage of these features and for any disclosures of your information that occurs due to your posts to the network. Remember that even when your post is encrypted, the network can still see that your account made the post. The decentralized social network is still social, and that means others can see when your account is active even if they can’t always see the full content of that activity.
The only information the Us App collects about you is:
- An email address, which is used for verification when you create an account.
- A username (sometimes called a handle), which you select.
- Your unique ID (DSNP User ID) on the decentralized social network.
- The dates and times when you are active in the app.
- Your app-related encryption keys (in this early beta version, the Us App is your wallet, and we will enable use of third-party wallets in the future)
- A displayed name (optional). If this is a name your contacts will expect and recognize, they will be able to find you more easily.
- Debug information (including a unique device id, but not personally-identifying information) that we can see in the event of an application crash
Let’s call the above “your information”.
We may use your information for:
- Managing, operating and improving our business, such as by developing or enhancing our products and services, conducting data analytics on our products, services and the Us App users and displaying content on the Us App;
- Managing and responding to your communications, inquiries and requests;
- Providing customer support, including diagnosing and fixing technical issues with the Us App;
- Determining how you navigate the Us App and tailoring and customizing your visits to meet your needs, such as by saving your preferences; or
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our contractual rights and policies, including our Terms of Service, and protecting against and preventing fraud or other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities.
We will only use your information to send you marketing communications if you opt-in in the Us App. In addition, we may use the information we collect about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your information with any third parties except as described in this Policy. In some cases, we use vendors to help us provide services to you. Those vendors might gain access to your information to perform services on our behalf for limited purposes, and they are only authorized to use your information as necessary to provide their services or comply with legal requirements.
We may also share personal information (1) as required by law or legal process, such as in response to a valid court order or subpoena, (2) in response to a government request or investigation, (3) to exercise or defend our legal rights or (4) as necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or suspected or illegal activity.
We may transfer your information in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) to the successor of such business or assets.
We offer you certain choices in connection with your information, including with respect to marketing communications as discussed in the “How We Use Your Information” section of this Policy. To update your preferences, request the removal of your information from the Us App or our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How To Contact Us” section of this Policy.
Children’s Personal Information
The Us App is geared toward a general audience, is not directed to children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete the information. If you believe a child under 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy.
Links to Other Websites and Apps
The Us App may contain links to other external, third party websites and apps for your convenience, which will be governed by the privacy practices of such applicable third parties.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We will take reasonable precautions to keep your information secure from accidental, unauthorized or unlawful use, acquisition, destruction, loss, alteration, access or disclosure. You are responsible for safekeeping and maintaining access to your device and encryption keys.
We may update this Policy at any time and without prior notice to you to reflect any changes to our information practices or to comply with applicable laws or regulations. We will post a notice on the Us App to notify you of any significant changes to this Policy and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
How To Contact Us
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].