Blockchain Software Developer, Remote
We are building a new shared, public infrastructure for the web that generates much greater value for the people who use it. The web we envision incorporates data rights as a default, gives people the full power of their networks and the value they generate, promotes transparency and trust, and opens opportunity to effect positive social change at scale. The time has come to build a better web, one that works for people first. Visit projectliberty.io to learn more, go to unfinishedlabs.io to understand our story, or download our dsnp_whitepaper to explore the details.
As part of our mission, we seek a passionate Blockchain Software Developer to join a world class team building a better web that generates a greater value for the people who use it.
You are a thoughtful and well-rounded software developer who is familiar with cryptography and Ethereum-like blockchains. You have several years of working experience with Go, Python, TypeScript, Java, C++, C# and/or Scala. You have a great ability to learn and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise. You are well known for your diligence, hard work, creativity and openness to new ideas and approaches.
About the role
The code that you write is clear, maintainable and will scale across several projects and distributed development teams.
You will be helping turn our new Distributed Social Networking Protocol (DSNP) as described in the whitepaper http://projectliberty.io/whitepaper into a concrete specification and help build out the DSNP ecosystem around it. While our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic, this role will ultimately be based in New York City or Los Angeles.
- Research, design, develop, and test contracts, token incentive systems, and other blockchain technologies.
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve.
- Build and maintain client and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic.
- Be involved in the global blockchain community-work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals.
- Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones.
- You feel passionate about making an excellent product and never think ‘That’s not my job’.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following languages for backend development: Go, Python, TypeScript, Java, C++, C#, and/or Scala.
- Experience in designing and building scalable, fault tolerant, and secure distributed systems.
- Familiarity with cryptography
- Strong working knowledge with public blockchains.
- Understand complex data structures and algorithms.
- Innovative, proactive, and highly adaptable to a rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment.
- Operate from the perspective of no job too big or too small
- Perseverance to push through obstacles swiftly and execute across a broad range of responsibilities, while keeping an eye to the bigger picture
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and approach challenges with an entrepreneurial growth mindset
- High emotional intelligence, a low-ego and collaborate well with people from different cultures and points of view
- Inquisitive by nature and interested in working closely with the technology team to understand blockchain and other cutting-edge technologies
- Ability to work independently